Use of Ug Media photos for commercial purposes is subject to the following general conditions (note: more specific conditions may be contained within your specific Media Licence Agreement):
- Photos may only be used in the publication stated in the Media Licence Agreement (MLA)
- Photos may not be used until the MLA has been signed and returned to Ug Media, along with any licence fees
- Photos must be credited appropriately (e.g., ‘Photo © Stewart Macdonald / Ug Media’)
- Please contact us to discuss the image you want and how you wish to use it
- We’ll quote you a licence fee
- While we’d love to let everyone use our images for free, we’re running a business and so we do have to charge to cover our costs (cameras aren’t cheap, you know!)
- For images used in scientific publications (e.g., textbooks and field guides), we may just request a copy of the final product in lieu of a monetary payment.
- If you decide to go ahead, we’ll send you an invoice and a Media Licence Agreement (MLA) that you’ll need to sign and return to us
- You can pay any fees using direct bank deposit or credit card (via PayPal)
- Once we’ve received the MLA and any fees, we’ll send you a high resolution JPEG version of the image
- We used to send the hi-res image immediately, but have had issues with some clients. As such, we will only send the final image after we’ve received the MLA and any fees.